Micropod’s mission is to make indoor gardening simple, accessible, fresh and rewarding for everyone. Our multi award-winning product is a unique hydroponic kit which makes growing microgreens at home as easy as just adding water. Our product design and core values center on sustainability and doing as much as we can in contributing towards a cleaner and greener future.
We are a small NZ grown & owned business that is ramping up for growth on the back of a brilliant first 18 months in business. In order to free up time for our CEO to focus on global expansion, we are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team to run the day-to-day production of our smart, patented product.
The role requires a strong continuous improvement mind-set and the ability to develop & execute strategies for production areas. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be a key micropod team member who will provide leadership in a collaborative manner to fulfill both production and business requirements.
To thrive in the role, you’ll have proven experience and you’ll be an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities. What really counts is your passion, infectious motivation, your ability to lead others and deal with problems on your feet. You will ensure production targets are met through a strong safety and quality focus mindset while ensuring resources are in the right place at the right time to keep the business and our customer-base growing.
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Help set policies and processes
- Manage stock levels and ordering
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees/contractors
- Ensure staff follow health and safety regulations
- Handling customers inquiries to do with order fulfillment
- Participate in team events and actively support micropod’s team culture.
- Ensure sustainability is at the heart of all decision making within day to day working life at micropod.
- A self-starter with effective task management skills
- A multi-tasker who is calm under pressure
- Attention to detail and high accuracy
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Great communicator, collaboration and delegation skills
- Proven experience in a managerial role would be a bonus
You’ll be joining a great team, so a sense of humor and positive energy is also required as we believe the workplace should be as fun as possible! There will be lots of variety in the role, and great support from the CEO. This will suit those who like to plan, coordinate, lead, motivate and engage with people. You won’t mind wearing several hats; at your computer - planning, coordinating work flow, team resourcing, and on the floor - supporting your production team.
Micropod is a small company with big dreams and expansion is a key focus for the business. This role is integral to the scaling of the business and has opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
This is a great production lead role that sees you very much hands-on across all areas of production. If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to hit the ground running (and be part of an awesome team) then we want to hear from you!
- Location: Mt Wellington, Auckland
- Salary: $45,000 - $70,000
- Work type: Full Time
For more info or to email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org